We believe every small business should be found online and we offer the ability to do this through Google products like Google Search and Maps–for free.
You can’t over stress the importance of getting your business information on Google. To get started, businesses just need to create an online listing and verify their business for free with Google My Business.
Be sure your business info is complete and up-to-date on Google Search and Maps, so customers can reach you. Here’s how…
Let’s Put Our Businesses on the Map
- Open an incognito window in Chrome (.SHIFT+Ctrl+N)
- Visit gybo.com/tv in the incognito window. Then, go through the flow and search for their business.
- Sign in and follow the steps to add and update your business information.
Sign in or sign up for Google My Business
- a) First time signing in to Google My Business(The business has never had a listing on Google My Business) Visit google.com/add/tv, sign up and create a new listing.
- b) A +page exists, but the business isn’t verified– Make sure that the business information is correct, then clickVerify now on the red bar at the top of the page. Modify the URL in your web browser by adding the parameter “&tv=d” to the end. For example: ttps://business.google.com/u/0/b/116808359082973227110/add/select/l/02654062685045342567?hl=en&service=plus&_ga=1.175725538.1793291408.1440999161&tv=d
- c) A +page exists and the business has requested a PIN, but verification is still pending– You have an existing +page and a listing for the business in Google My Business, but hasn’t yet verified the business.
Type business.google.com, then sign in with your Google Account.
- If you see a “Learn more” link, followed by the “Enter code” button
Click Enter code. Enter an arbitrary, invalid pin (like “00000”) five times to invalidate postcard verification. Then click Request another code from the screen below:
On the next screen, click Keep the information I entered.
- If you see an “I don’t have a code” link, followed by the “Enter code” button
Click I don’t have a code.
On the verification page, modify the URL in your web browser by adding the parameter “&tv=d” to the end. For example: https://business.google.com/u/0/b/116808359082973227110/add/select/l/02654062685045342567?hl=en&service=plus&_ga=1.175725538.1793291408.1440999161&tv=d
- Enable verification
- A QR code will appear
If the listing has been successfully verified (signified by the Verified icon in the Trusted Verifier application), Confirm the verification by visiting their Google My Business page and checking for the “Verified” badge beside the name of the business.